Saturday 19 September 2009

THE LIVERPOOL INTERNATIONAL POTLUCK AGENCY

Hello all, and welcome to my brand new blog about my living in Liverpool, and attending the Liverpool Institute for the Performing Arts (LIPA), or the Liverpool International Potluck Agency (I like this name better.  So does everyone else here; they just don't know it yet, haha), as my best friend calls it. 

So basically I am going to be blogging or vlogging fairly often about life here.  For those of you who don't know, I do have a vlog bearing the same name as my blog.  Here is the url:  http://www.youtube.com/user/JuliansLiverUpdate

So tomorrow's the big day.  I'm getting my hair shaved off.  All of it.  I want to keep it and make a cat out of it.  In case you can't tell, I'm extraordinarily tired right now.  I'm usually much more coherent, but I've been having trouble sleeping (I know what you're thinking, mom, and the reason is that I'm actually out of chamomile.  Everyone's sick, and yes, I have been giving my rations away.)  

That's really all I've got to say right now.  I'm gonna try and get some shut eye before the shaving party tomorrow.  I'm actually really excited for some reason.

Anyhow, HERE ARE SOME PICKYTURES!


Halfway through our first week, all of the Diploma students were gathered in a room, put into groups, and sent out into the city on a sort of treasure hunt.  I was in Group 7, or if you want to call us by our name, The Winners.  I voted for The Mighty Fighty Shushbugs, but since mine was the only vote for that, it lost out.  Not that I'm complaining.  Anyway, here I am with my group, suddenly realizing that I am vastly outnumbered by women.  I'm one of four guys out of fourteen diploma acting students.  But I digress.  I was assessing how many cootie shots I would need.  Needless to say, I lived through the day.  Wow.  This is a frickin paragraph.


I couldn't help but take a picture of this.  It's the closest I've come to seeing a real life Cafe 80's.  There are at least two different 80's bars in Liverpool, though.  I can't figure out why...


This is one of my favorite signs ever.


And here is the side entrance gate to the school.  There are definitely more pics to come showing the buildings themselves.  But for now, this is the side entrance to the main building.



2 comments: